Student Conduct

Student Affairs

Conduct Record Verification

What is a Conduct Record Verification?

A Conduct Record Verification (or disciplinary clearance) is a verification of your student conduct record. This verification is usually requested by law schools, medical schools, travel abroad programs, state bar associations, government agencies or independent agencies when you are applying for admissions or employment. Typically, the institution or agency you are applying to, or seeking employment from, will provide you with a Conduct Record Verification (or disciplinary clearance) document that will need to be completed by an Auburn University Student Conduct staff member. Please make sure to complete the form accurately as incomplete or inaccurate information will delay the processing of this document. To process a Conduct Record Verification, we must have signed authorization from the student.

Requesting a Conduct Record Verification

To process your Conduct Record Verification (or disciplinary clearance), Auburn University students and alumni must submit one of the following forms:

  1. Conduct Record Verification Request Form
  2. The verification document provided by the prospective institution or place of employment

These forms may be submitted in any of the following ways:

  1. In person at the Student Conduct Office, Auburn University Melton Student Center, Suite 1206
  2. Via Email to
  3. Via Mail:
    Attention: Conduct Record Verification
    Auburn University
    Student Conduct
    255 Heisman Drive, Suite 1206
    Auburn, AL 36849
  4. Via Fax:
    Send to 334-844-1132, Auburn University Student Conduct; Conduct Record Verification

Frequently Asked Questions

The processing time to complete the Conduct Record Verification is approximately 5-7 business days.

No, Student Conduct only verifies your student conduct (disciplinary) record. If your Conduct Record Verification requires an academic verification, you will need to contact the Office of the Registrar at 334-844-2544,

In order to obtain academic records or transcript, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 334-844-2544,

No, we do not currently charge for Conduct Record Verifications. However, if you would like for us to return the completed paperwork via mail, you must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

If the institution does not have a disciplinary clearance form, please complete the Conduct Record Verification Request Form and we will send written confirmation of your disciplinary record via a letter from Student Conduct.

No, only requests received in person, or via email, mail or fax will be processed.

Last modified: August 16, 2023